ASSET Scuba Engineering Course – 10 DAY ASSET Training
The DITC ASSET Scuba Engineering Course is a 10-day ASSET, SITA and IDEST approved course, covering all aspects of scuba diving equipment service, repair and dive workshop operation. The course has a 9-module curriculum supported by a Dive Industry Technicians Handbook specially written to accompany the course.
The course is designed to give as much emphasis on practical knowledge and skills with a large proportion of the course devoted to ‘hands on ‘practical work experience.
Cost US$1,960 – The package:
- The physics of diving related plant and equipment.
- Equipment theory – design and construction.
- Setting up a professional scuba workshop.
- Working practices, standards and procedures.
- Cylinder testing (pt 1) – visual inspection & hydraulic testing.
- Regulator service and repair.
- Compressors, air banks – operation and air quality (CASM).
- Basic metallurgy.
- Warranties and customer care.
- Regulations and standards.
- NDT – Eddy Current Testing – Aluminum Cylinders.
This is a highly practical course, with hands on experience in a real scuba diving workshop.
Course Fee Includes:
- ASSET Full tuition.
- Comprehensive handbook.
- Course completion certificate.
- Visual plus certificate.
- ASSET membership.
Please note: The ASSET Scuba Engineering Course is suitable for the complete beginner and more experienced person alike as the small class numbers (max 8) allows the Instructor to cater to the requirements of all levels. Holding dry-side scuba engineering skills assists massively in scuba dive centre employment and potential earnings.
Scuba Technician Links:
- Dive Technician Training Aims
- Scuba Technician Training / ASSET Standards and IDEST Approval
- 10 DAY Dive Industry Technician Training
- Scuba Cylinder Testing Technicians Course (Part 1 & 2)
- Scuba Engineer Assessment
- Dive Technician Packages Outlined
- Scuba Cylinder Tank Information
- Technical Diving Articles