This is a fantastic dive program at Mermaids Pattaya, Thailand for all of those crazy tekkies out there – Technical divers. The Tec scuba diving internship course will get you making staged decompression dives to 45 metres using air and Nitrox. This is a fantastic introduction to the realm of the mixed gases for the intern. The dive interns that usually apply for this are interested in deep and/or ship wreck diving. This is a brand new program and the training takes place in Pattaya, Thailand.
Cost: Contact Us: The package includes:
- Five PADI Specialty Diver Courses (your choice out of over 23 available specialties).
- Technical diving courses including:
- Nitrox (Enriched Air) Diver, (Basic Nitrox).
- DSAT Tec Deep Diver, full deco up to 100% O2 with 4 tanks on Nitrox air, qualifies to 50 meters.
- Qualification to do staged decompression diving to a depth of 45 meters using Air/Nitrox.
- All required books, manuals, tables and slates needed for the courses.
- All required training agency fees.
- Rental of all necessary technical and/or recreational scuba diving gear / equipment for the duration of the program (This is incredible as to rent alone would cost almost 30,000 Thai baht for the courses).
- 1 months accommodation. pictures.
- Additional dives for experience and pleasure (recreational and Nitrox)
To join our Technical Diver traineeship 1 program all you need to do is contact Mermaids dive centre for a consultation.
Please NOTE: In order to join the technical internship you need to be a certified diver of Rescue Diver or higher. If you do not possess any diving license then we can still accept you as an intern and train you to Open Water first. The additional cost for this is 12,000 Thai baht, 12,000 Thai baht for the Advanced and 12,000 Thai baht for the Rescue if required).
Tec Deep Diver Prerequisites:
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Deep Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives of which 20 must be enriched air dives, 25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least 15 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Minimum age: 18 years old