Rayong Pinnacles (Hin Plueng) Trip, Saturday 18th January 2014
Thailand is world famous for it’s spectacular dive sites and dive tourism but little is known about the dive sites off the tourist map. Mermaids like to operate trips to different destinations not dived so regularly. Mermaids trips include Asian trips (Vietnam, PI), Live-aboards, cave and cavern trips, flooded cities and obscure sea dive sites.
Join Mermaids Dive Center to explore the stunning Rayong Pinnacles one hour off shore from the beautiful Lae Mae Phim. The two underwater rock pinnacles boast amazing corals and marine life are a natural rock structure covered in soft and hard corals. They both sport swim through ledges and crevices begging to be explored.
The larger of the Pinnacles is 30m maximum depth and the smaller is approximately 22m. Both start just a few meters beneath the surface and are dived best by circumnavigation over the course of the dives.
- 7.00am – Meet at Mermaids Dive Center, Jomtien for equipment fittings
- 7.30am – Depart Mermaids, Jomtien to Laem Mae Phim
- 9.00am – Arrive at the Mae Phim Pier and board the King Olav
- 10:30am – First dive on the larger of the pinnacles
- 12.30am – Second dive on the larger of the pinnacles
- 1.30pm – Lunch on board
- 3.00pm – Dive on the smaller of the pinnacles
- 5.00pm – Arrive back at pier and depart to Mermaids, Jomtien
- 6.30-7.00pm – Arrive back at Mermaids Dive Center, Jomtien
- 1,900 baht per person with their own equipment
- 2,200 baht per person using Mermaids equipment
• Transport from Mermaids, Jomtien Center (if driving by yourself, Google maps and GPS coordinates are 12.628948,101.497694)
• 3 dives over the day (air tanks only – nitrox is not available)
• Hot cooked lunch
• Mermaids Dive Support team to assist divers
• Lots of fun!
To make your booking please contact me. As this is a very popular trip, payments must reach us by 10th January 2013 to secure your place.
All timings and dive sites are subject to change according to weather conditions.
Further details on Rayong province can be seen at the Rayong Wiki Page here.