PADI Equipment Specialist
Mermaids Dive Center Pattaya Thailand wish for you to understand your equipment as a diver. Whether it’s a regulator problem, a wet suit tear or a broken mask strap, the Equipment Specialist course can help. This Specialty course prepares you for the basic equipment maintenance, care and adjustments you’ll encounter every day. In addition, you’ll get the valuable background on equipment repair and purchase, making you better able to protect your investment.
What do I need to begin the PADI equipment training?
- Be certified as a PADI Scuba Diver, Junior Scuba Diver, PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization).
- Have the PADI Equipment manual – available at Mermaids.
- Minimum age: 12 years old (10 for PADI Junior Scuba Diver and PADI Junior Open Water Diver).
- Have a desire to learn of equipment safety measures, care, storage and maintenance of your precious dive gear
What will the equipment training teach me?
During your PADI Equipment Specialist program, you’ll familiarize yourself with the operation and maintenance of your personal equipment. Your instructor might also provide the opportunity to review new or unfamiliar dive equipment.
The PADI program is not designed to be an equipment repair program but it does give you:
- Theory, principles and operation of dive equipment.
- Routine recommended care and maintenance procedures.
- Common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures.
- Simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new equipment.