The lure of exploring sunken vessels, airplanes and automobiles is something most divers can’t resist. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course introduces you to sunken ships in the Gulf of Thailand, Pattaya and helps you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for safe and fun wreck diving. Here in Pattaya, Thailand there are plenty of wrecks to take the training. Wreck training will open up many scuba dive sites world wide – here in Pattaya we have the superb Hardeep Shipwreck, the Kram, The Kood and of course the Bremmen – all are excellent and could not have been designed better for wreck diver training. Dive wrecks with confidence and gain the most from the experience. All of the wrecks in the Pattaya area have great penetration possibilities with the correct training – looking for the correct training? – You’re in the right place!
What do I need to start the PADI Wreck Diver Spec?
- PADI Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organisation).
- Minimum age: 15 years old.
What will I do during the training and how long is it?
Information contained in your ship wreck diver program includes:
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving.
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, wreck penetration lines and reels.
- Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures.
- Recommended Course Hours: 24.
- Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days.
What will I need?
- Wreck-Pak, which includes wreck diver manual, video and log insert. Mermaids have all of the materials for your collection for the training – or get involved in the online training – contact for further details…
Where can I go from here?
Your Adventures In Diving Wreck Adventure Dive may count towards this Specialty certification at instructor discretion. This Specialty certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for your Master Scuba Diver certification (MSD). * Wreck penetration-training dives are limited to within the light zone and within 40 metres/130 feet from the surface, vertical and horizontal distance included. If the wreck used for training is located in deep water (over 18 metres/60 feet), the Deep Diver rating is recommended as a prerequisite for the PADI Wreck Diver program. Mermaids Dive Center Pattaya, Thailand run wreck diving courses and trips daily.
Other PADI Specialty Courses at Mermaids
- PADI Underwater Photography Specialty Divers Course
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Course
- PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Nitrox Specialty Diver Course
- PADI Night Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course
- PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Multilevel Diver Specialty Course
- PADI Equipment Specialist Course
- PADI Drift Diver Course
- PADI DPV Diver Propulsion Vehicle Course (James Bond)
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography Diver Course
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver Course
- PADI FFM ( FullFace Mask) underwater communication specialty diver
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography Course
- Dry Suit scuba diving course
- PADI Side Mount Dive Equipment Configuration Course
Tailor-made all-inclusive dive packages can be made for any diver with specific requirements.