DSAT Tec Trimix Diver (Tri-mix)
For the extreme diver ready to further explore the world of technical deep diving, the gas of choice is trimix. Mermaids dive training cenPADI DSAT Tri-mix scuba diving trainingter in Pattaya, Thailand offers a full suite of the DSAT courses. The DSAT Tec Trimix Diver course takes you to the outer edges of technical deep diving, opening the door to pristine dive sites few divers – if any – ever see. Scuba diving discoveries begin here…
What do I need to start?
You need to be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or have a qualifying certification in diver rescue and accident management from another organization. Scuba students who meet this through a qualifying non-PADI certification need to provide proof of CPR and first aid training within the previous two years.
Certified as a DSAT Tec Deep Diver or have a qualifying certification in deep decompression diving using air/enriched air from another organization. Dive students who qualify through a qualifying certification other than DSAT Tec Deep Diver must read the entire DSAT Tec Deep Diver Manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews prior to beginning the Tec Trimix Diver course.
Tec Diving Equipment Requirements:
- Double cylinders (minimum 12 l/70 cf each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two metre/seven foot hose (approx.) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware and proper labeling/markings. Two per diver will be requiredDSAT Tri-mix trainign offered in Pattaya Thailand
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- BCD and harness – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder BCD or dry suit if suitable for weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device
- Trimix decompression information (tables/tri mix computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suit appropriate for environment and dive duration. (If students will use dry suits, they should be trained/experienced with their use in recreational and technical diving prior to using them for tri-mix training or diving.)
- Argon dry suit inflation or other inflation system as needed (students should not inflate dry suit with trimix)
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- ReelTwin tank tri-mix diving courses DSAT
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practice preferred)
- Knife/cutting device and backup
- Backup mask (optional)
- Lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
What will I do?
The DSAT Tec Trimix Diver course is intended to extend the depth range available to technical divers trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 metres/165 feet in open water. The DSAT Tec Trimix Diver course is intended for technical divers certified as DSAT Tec Deep Divers (or qualifying certification from another training organization). The course extends their depth range capabilities by training them in the use of trimix (helium, oxygen and nitrogen).
After successful completion of the DSAT Tec Trimix Diver course you’ll be qualified to dive with Tri-mix, blends of oxygen, helium and nitrogen that allow you to descend deeper than you can with reasonable risk using nitrogen/oxygen blends. You also learn how to prepare for and handle reasonable foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Here in Pattaya, Thailand Mermaids offer many superb technical dives and incredible dive sites.
What will I need?
Tec Trimix Student Manual and the Tec Deep Diver Manual
Other DSAT Courses:
- DSAT Tec Deep Diver Basic Specialty Course (Introduction to tec diving)
- DSAT Deep Tec Diver Course
- DSAT Gas Blending Course
- DSAT Tri-mix divers program
Contact Mermaids Dive Center Pattaya Thailand for further details