Pattaya Training Dive Sites
Pattaya, Thailand is a superb dive site with many shipwrecks and coral dives that it lends itself to be a great training ground also; one of the finest in Thailand. Our interns study and train in so many diverse training situations from ship wreck penetration to 90 meter hole staged decompression diving to swift drift diving courses and solo divers training.
Why is Pattaya such a great scuba diving training ground?
- We have a 365 dive day per year season. You’ll dive and train every day. This is unique as on the islands you have to go away and then come back months later when the season starts again etc. This is very important – it also means that you can start your training at any time during the year.
- The Hardeep Ship wreck is not only perfect for an interesting deep dive at 26 meters during your PADI advanced course. It lends itself to be the perfect depth for Nitrox diver training (Basic Nitrox brief) and the shipwreck specialty course. Conditions can be slack or extremely tough which can really put our internship students through their paces.
- Not far from the Hardeep wreck we have a hole with a ledge. I won’t give away just how deep the hole is but if learning technical diving then this will entertain. Instead of being stuck on a line of free floating as you decompress there is so much to see all the way up.
- Koh Krok boasts some super fast drift dives – challenging all divers buoyancy.
- The Far islands like Koh Rin and Koh Manwichai are great pleasure diving destinations yet not too hard to master allowing divemasters good experience in organizing dive groups and leading tours.
- Koh Larn has a 50 meter hole near by for the deep diving specialty.
- The HMS Khram shipwreck makes for a perfect wreck diving course & Enriched Air (Nitrox).
- The Near islands Koh Sak and Koh Larn make for superb night diving.
- With over 30++ dive sites locally we’re diverse but all are within a day trip hence no unnecessary costs or having to stay overnight on a boat – unless we want to!
- The abundance of other sunken wrecks make exploratory diving unique and exciting.
- The ONLY DITC A.S.S.E.T (Association of Scuba Service and Engineers and Technicians) Instructor in Asia. One of only a handful in the world – this is just our typical caliber of staff. Nothing but the best. Details on Association of Scuba Service Engineers and Technicians
- We have a couple of dive instructors out of only a handful IN THAILAND that can teach PADI DSAT Tec Rec and also the PSAI Self Sufficiency Divers course (formerly the Solo Diver course).
- The PADI FFM (Full Face-Mask) Underwater communications program is operated as standard at Mermaids – Be exposed to PADI FULL-Face mask diving with diver – diver and diver – surface communication systems).
- Mermaids is an active ReefCheck Eco Diver center and Project AWARE awarded dive center with coral conservation studies.
- The community spirit and camaraderie that our regular students and apprentice internship divers have allows for a fun yet very informative training ground.
- PERT (Professional Emergency Response Team) Public Safety Diving programs. Level 1 and Level 2 Emergency Response and PSdiver programs. Designed by the police, fire departments and military dive teams – this is very unique. Public Safety Instructor Training (non-vocational) offered on request.
- Mermaids have some of the most advanced scuba diving Mermaids dive internship facilities in Thailand.