TEC Gas Blender Training
Being a gas blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort. This course teaches you how to blend enriched air nitrox and helium-based gases using one or more blending methods.
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular diver specialty course and the number of technical divers is on the rise, which means that lots of scuba divers want enriched air and gas blends. Being a dive gas blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort and your work allows other divers to do what they love to do – scuba dive. Gas bleding is a perfect example of ‘dry-side scuba training’ that has very real employment benefits.
More people are diving with enriched air and this means the demand for enriched air fills is also increasing. However, there needs to be someone qualified to administer these fills to meet this demand. This is where the PADI Gas Blender course comes in. It can result in one of two certifications: PADI Gas Blender or PADI Trimix Blender.
To enroll in the Tec Gas Blender course you must be:
- A qualified PADI Enriched Air Diver and at least 18 years old.
The Tec Gas Blender course includes three practical application sessions, but no dives. During independent study and instructor-led review.
- About the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
- To blend enriched air and trimix blends to within one percent of the target mix.
- About the potential hazards related to handling oxygen, and how to manage those risks.
- To demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment, along with the requirements for oxygen service.
Increasingly dive centres require employees to have has as blending training. Mermaids can assist with all of your technical and gas related training.