Dive Technician Gauge Calibration Training – 1 Day
Gauge calibration training is designed for you to understand the critical metrology techniques used to traceably calibrate the pressure gauges. These gauges are heavily used in commercial dive operations
This is a new course introduced by popular demand from DITC students. Training is designed to teach the skills necessary to carry out the formal calibration of the wide range of pressure and depth gauges used in commercial diving operations.
There are thousands of dedicated DSV* & OSV* mounted containerized mobile dive systems world-wide. The larger systems utilise hundreds of pressure gauges that all come under strict IMCA scheduled maintenance requirements. Much of the Dive Technicians time is spent carrying out this work and producing the documentation for filling in the PMS*/CMMS*.
The course covers all of the major gauge types. There is a practical workshop session carrying out the traceable calibration of a range of popular gauge types. You’ll get to understand use of the pressure pot for diver worn depth gauges. A high pressure connector workshop will gain you familiarity with the many methods of joining the pressure gauge to the dive system are also covered.
Gauge Calibration Training Pattaya – (1 day)
- Introduction to pressure measurement
- The dead weight gauge
- Pressure from liquid columns
- Pressure gauge types
- Common Connector types
- Calibration Principles
- Accuracy of gauge types
- IMCA requirements and Calibration certificates
- Connection types, adapters, mating methods
- Producing calibration pressures.
- Divers SPG calibration check
- Divers depth gauge in the pressure pot
- Pneumo gauges
- PID checks
- Calibration Certificates filling out
- Safety issues and PPE
- THEORY EXAM
- Workshop Session
Gauge Calibration Training Includes:
- All student training Manuals.
- Online access to our huge technician database.
- All spare parts & consumables used during the course.
- Free Tea/Coffee and high speed Wi-Fi internet access at the training centre.
- Pre-requisites: None
Gauge Calibration Key Benefits:
Training provides competent person status of the Dive Technician in Pressure Gauge calibration techniques.