PADI IDC March 2013
Congratulations to our latest PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors from Mermaids Pattaya Thailand PADI IDC. The new instructors are Raj Bhandri and Daniel Burns from the UK and Tim Blandin from the US. After attending the PADI IDC at Mermaids Dive Center with PADI Platinum Course Director, Russell Martin and his team, they successfully completed and passed the PADI Instructor Examinations with Rob Scammel, PADI IE Examiner on the 3rd March 2013.
Congratulations also go to Jon Barron, for attending and passing his IDC Staff Instructor Course at Mermaids Pattaya.
The PADI Instructor Development Courses are held at Mermaids Dive Center, followed by the examinations with PADI in Pattaya, Thailand. To qualify for training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you must:
PADI IDC Training Pre-requisites:
- Certified as a diver for at least six months and as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor
- At least 18 years old.
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Have over 100 dives logged – Mermaids ensure that you have many more
Study Time to Party Time!:
A BBQ was held that evening at Mermaids in honor of Raj, Danny, Tim and Jon. Everyone joined in to celebrate this remarkable achievement. Malai and her team prepared an outstanding selection of salads and foods and Vlad cooked up a storm on the BBQ with his famous burgers and hotdogs.
For more information on becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, please contact me. Professional scuba dive internships training can be taken at Mermaids dive center. For increased employability Mermaids now offer Dry-Side Equipment Maintenance training as well as the Wet-Side dive training. Holding both Wet & Dry skills is an incredible asset within the scuba industry.