Scuba Tank Inspection – Combo Package (4 days)
The ASSET 4 day combined SCUBA Cylinder Testing (Part 1 & 2) is a complete cylinder inspector course. The Combo course covers CPL1 Cylinder Visual Inspection and CPL2 Cylinder Hydrostatic/NDT Inspection. This stand alone course is aimed at personnel with duties covering all aspects of the scuba cylinder inspection and technicians work.
Training provides the formal proof of Competent Person for those wishing to:
- Apply for ‘Approved Cylinder Inspection technician’ status, working as a signatory in a government audited approved cylinder retest facility.
- Set up an approved cylinder retest facility for independent audit.
The Cylinder Testing Pt1 & Pt2 Combo Syllabus:
- Cylinder testing practices and procedures
- Valve maintenance
- Thread gauging
- Codes of practice
- HSE ruels & regulations
- Crack detection
Practical Assignments designed to introduce the skills required for:
- Hydrostatic Testing etc.
During the Cylinder Testers inspection skills will be honed and tested, and the inspector will be taught hydrostatic inspection techniques.
Successful Completion Qualification:
- ASSET Scuba Cylinder Testing (part 1 & 2) Advanced Certificate.
- ASSET CYLINDER TESTING (Part 1 & Part 2) Practices & Procedures Certificate.
There are no pre–requisites for attending the Scuba Cylinder Testing program.
The training offers comprehensive training in cylinder and valve inspection. All the latest techniques and information used, regularly updated in accordance with the changes in industrial and government standards. Covers the very latest techniques in advanced scuba tank visual inspection, NDT Inspection, endoscope, boroscopes.
Training essential for annual inspection of scuba tanks used in the recreational dive industry and IMCA regulated inspection of bailout cylinders used in commercial diving.
A practical exam with borderline pass fail examples verifies the inspectors skills.
Dry-Side Training Operation:
All dry-side training takes place at our operation in Thailand. Our operation together with STATS in the United Kingdom have provided a unique service to Commercial Diving Companies, Military Diving Teams, Government Inspectors, Recreational Dive Centres, SCBA Life Support Technicians, High Pressure Cylinder Inspectors, and other Dive Industry Professionals internationally for more than 25 years drawing on the wide experience of its principal staff.
- Divers and other SCBA life support equipment maintenance – regulators, compressors, cylinders, rebreathers, hydrostatic test equipment design, NDT analysis.
- Commercial diving, & Maritime consultancy. Dive incident investigation & expert witness testimony, Custom Decompression methodology for 1,000ft Trimix diving.
- Approved engineering training. International recognised certification in Trimix Decompression diving, sunken vessel survey, underwater artefact and body recovery.
- Repair, servicing & testing traceable to National standards. Design, Manufacture and sales of custom tools, adapters and test equipment for Divers life support equipment servicing and other critical high pressure applications.
The operation has the most modern divers life support equipment service center and mixed gas production system in Thailand. All mixed gases can be pumped to 350bar via in house Haskell booster pumps powered by twin Bauer Compressors feeding a 90,000Liter air bank. The operation carries out hydrostatic tests in house to 650bar/10,000psi to US DOT standards, European EC, British BS and Thai standards supplemented by the very latest NDT eddy current testing to detect metallurgical failure aluminium alloy high pressure gas cylinders.