TEC 45 Course
PADI Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course.
You continue fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops. Plus, you learn to think like a technical diver.The Tec 45 course puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount configuration. You’ll make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
- The skills, equipment and planning required to extend your depth to 45 metres.
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression.
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving.
Your Tec 45 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on the function and maintenance of tec diving equipment and associated issues.
You’ll use full technical equipment, which includes wings and doubles plus an additional deco cylinder, or you may use a technical sidemount configuration. Your PADI Tec Deep Instructor will explain the gear required for your tec diving adventures.
To enroll in the Tec 45 course, you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 40 diver
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, with at least 12 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 10 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Contact me and arrange to pick up a Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes a PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you’ll use for self-study. The Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video is an optional tool to help you practice skills between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through your Tec 50 course.